Are you a natural programmer who loves to build real-time applications and systems that make an immediate impact? Are you passionate about building software that challenges and inspires you every day? At Citadel Securities, we apply rigorous quantitative and technology driven strategies to transform capital markets. Our software engineers solve some of the most challenging problems in finance by providing innovative solutions that make a real-world impact. We thrive on great ideas and have the initiative, tenacity and resources to implement them.
As part of the Software Engineering Rotation Program, you’ll work side-by-side with quantitative researchers and traders to help write the future of finance using cutting-edge technology. We are looking for a diverse group of software engineers to join our program that offers rotations spanning from front-end development, full-stack development, systems design, low latency programming, networking, quantitative development, and everything in between.
- Building tools that bring trading strategies to life
- Building high-performance large data research platforms
- Working in small teams to write the future of finance
Your Skills & Talents
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields (Bachelors, Masters, PhD)
- Exceptional programming and design skills
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with probability and statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, complex and highly technical team environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for solving challenging problems using technology
Opportunities available in Chicago and New York
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.