At Citadel Securities, a leading global market maker, the European Systematic Trading team drives quantitative trading and algorithmic execution for listed equities and futures in over 20 countries and 25 venues. In addition, the team manages our firm’s global FX market making efforts and runs a leading Systematic Internalizer. The team focuses on the design, implementation and execution of our automated trading systems. This team works closely with colleagues in Quantitative Research and Information Technology. Together, we blend practical trading insight with leading-edge analytics and technology.
This opportunity is available in London.
Operational risk management
- Interface with Traders, Technology, Exchanges, QRs, and others to build complex trading workflows
- Monitor and manage the health of the trading system day-to-day, resolve issues both tactically and strategically as they emerge
- Build market structure and exchange knowledge to ensure accurate fee accruals and optimal connectivity setup to improve trading strategy decision making and reconciliation; manage desk readiness for external changes with IT and Dev teams
- Improve existing workflows to reduce risk with regard to Front Office booking tools and other external system interfaces with partners in operations; troubleshoot major issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing about core processes consistently and efficiently
- Partner with Portfolio Finance to manage daily desk financing and stock loan activity as it pertains to trading and positions
- Manage delivery of strategic initiatives for trading platform and technology queue and sprints
Market risk monitoring & management
- Ensure quoting obligations are met throughout trading day
- Optimize capital utilization through close monitoring and forecasting. Actively monitor credit scenario risk exposure and work with Trading team to reduce exposure
Regulatory risk management
- Improve and manage existing trade reporting workflows to ensure full MiFID compliance for the desk in existing and new trading workflows, including establishing proper controls and reconciliations
- Manage and enhance Market Access Controls through review and dialogue with Trading team
- Develop and monitor processes to maintain listings and handle corporate actions changes
Skillset and Preferred Qualifications:
- Technical thinker with extreme attention to detail, analytical rigor, and desire to work in a fast paced trading environment
- Demonstrated willingness to push through complicated problems and reach desired outcomes with hustle and perseverance
- Technical skills (e.g., Python, SQL, etc.) will be necessary, combined with strong written and oral communication skills to thrive in a collaborative environment
- 2-6 years’ experience in electronic trading with trader assistant or IT support experience preferred
- A completed bachelor’s degree from a top tier university in economics, business administration, computer science, engineering, finance, mathematics, physics or a related field
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.