Software Engineering Team Lead
We’re revolutionizing markets through our quantitative trading and market-making capabilities. Our technologists design, develop, and enhance the sophisticated technology that powers these capabilities. We’re looking for a Software Engineering Team Lead to architect and oversee the implementation of highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable systems. You’ll be a leading voice for your team and drive adoption of industry leading engineering practices.
The Software Engineering Team Lead will be responsible for their team’s growth and development. You’ll help shape dynamic career paths for elite colleagues and empower them to explore and execute on big, innovative ideas.
Locations: Chicago, New York
- Architect, oversee, and build powerful trading platforms, including complex, distributed, and scalable systems
- Operationalize solutions by relentlessly working to remove bottlenecks, improving system performance, and optimizing reliability and maintainability
- Lead relationships with business leaders and users to define priorities and deliver purpose-built solutions
- Own the architectural vision for components while managing day-to-day delivery of business value
- Lead in adopting best-in-class engineering practices consistent with commercial software development
- Drive cross-team collaboration, including tech talks, brown bags, and design and code review sessions
- Coach our elite colleagues on prioritization and execution, ensuring commitments are kept and risks are surfaced
- Drive adoption of your team’s solutions, including being a leading voice for users and their needs
Your Skills and Talents:
- Hands-on experience as a C++ team lead and individual engineer, including coaching and leading experienced C++ software engineers working in an OOP environment
- Comfort with ambiguity, solving open-ended and undefined problems
- Experience adhering to top-tier engineering practices (i.e., consistent with commercial software development)
- Sound understanding of multi-threaded application design and development
- Substantial lead or architect experience in the design of distributed systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.