At Citadel Securities, a leading global market maker, our team of Traders collaborates with the brightest minds in financial markets, technology, engineering and sciences to tackle challenges in the markets. Semi-Systematic Traders leverage quantitative problem solving, market knowledge, game theory, and world class technology to generate profits through risk taking. Our Traders work with Quantitative Researchers to optimize and develop innovative trading strategies across an array of asset classes. We’re looking for extraordinary Traders who are committed to our core values that include winning, acting with integrity, continuously learning, and cultivating a meritocracy.
Depending on your background and expertise, opportunities are available in Chicago, New York, London, Dublin or Hong Kong
- Integrate discretionary trading strategies with systematic ones to provide liquidity and make proactive trading decisions
- Use creative problem solving techniques and strategic decision-making to optimize trade selection and execution
- Manage the risk of a portfolio of options positions
- Use trading metrics and data analysis methods to improve decision-making and find innovative ways to generate additional profits
Skills and Preferred Qualifications
- Experience trading complex financial products (e.g. options pricing, futures)
- Interest in game theory, decision theory and strategy games
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints in high pressure situations
- Operational leadership and strong interest in trading and technology
- Knowledge and proficiency in Python, SQL and R
- Experience with Linux
- Effective problem solving skills and strategic decision-making
- Detail oriented, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, not afraid to question status quo
- Bachelors Degree from a top university in: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.