At Citadel Securities, a leading global market maker, our team of Traders collaborates with the brightest minds in financial markets, technology, engineering and sciences to tackle challenges in the markets. As a Systematic Trader, you’ll make strategic trading decisions driven by both quantitative and fundamental factors with our systematic trading desks. Since we cover a variety of asset classes, you’ll get the opportunity to expand the breadth of your expertise. We’re looking for extraordinary Traders who are committed to our core values that include winning, acting with integrity, continuously learning, and cultivating a meritocracy.
Depending on your background and expertise, opportunities are available in Chicago, New York, London, Dublin or Hong Kong
- Make trading decisions driven by quantitative / fundamental factors and by leveraging our state of the art trading technology & infrastructure
- Mix creativity and analytical disciplines in trade selection, execution, and risk management
- Efficiently capture information to support trading decisions
- Use trading metrics to identify inefficiencies, increase profitability, and improve performance
- Find ways to both systematically and opportunistically increase the desk’s profitability
Skills and Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to think about the world systematically and quantitatively, as well as the ability to deal with uncertainty in a rigorous and statistical way
- Operational leadership and a strong interest in trading and technology
- Knowledge and proficiency in Python, SQL and R
- Experience with Linux
- Effective problem solving skills and strategic decision making.
- Detail oriented and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and not afraid to question status quo
- Bachelors Degree from a top university in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.